A Program which teaches about the vital role of business logistics and supply chain management, and its importance to the competitive strategy and revenue generation of a business.
This management area has been described by many names, and relevant activities may include one or more of the following areas: physical distribution, materials management, transportation management, logistics, supply chain management, transportation, inventory, order processing, purchasing, warehousing, materials handling and packaging.
The focus of this Program is on the planning, organizing and controlling of these activities - key elements for successful management in any organization. Special emphasis is given to strategic planning and decision-making as an important part of the management process. Managerial efforts are directed towards setting the level of the logistics activities to make products and services available to customers at the time and place, and in the condition and form desired, in a profitable and cost-effective way.
Course Outline Summary
- Module 1 - Business Logistics/Supply Chain - A Vital Subject
- Module 2 - Logistics/Supply Chain Strategy and Planning
- Module 3 - The Logistics/Supply Chain Product
- Module 4 - Logistics/Supply Chain Customer Service
- Module 5 - Order Processing and Information Systems
- Module 6 - Transport Fundamentals
- Module 7 - Transport Decision