A Program designed specifically to produce trained PROFESSIONALS IN THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTION OF PURCHASING/RESOURCING
Whether an enterprise is involved in manufacturing, distribution or service-providing, the function of purchasing - or “buying” - on its behalf is a job for professionals. Proficient purchasing can greatly increase the efficiency, the competitiveness and the profitability of a business; but unwise buying can seriously damage its operations, its reputation and its profit levels.
This very practical Program covers the responsibilities and duties of professional buyers, purchasing and resourcing managers employed in industry and commerce.
Course Outline Summary
- Module 1: Introduction to Purchasing & Resourcing Management
- Module 2 - Purchasing Objectives and Strategy
- Module 3 - Policy Formulation, Implementation and Control
- Module 4 - Organization, Responsibilities & Job Structures
- Module 5 - Control Systems, Procedures and Records
- Module 6 - Information Technology in Purchasing & Supply
- Module 7 - Human Resources in the Supply Chain
- Module 8 - Management Style, Motivation and Control
- Module 9 - Sourcing Processes and Supplier Relationships
- Module 10 - Quality Management in the Purchasing Function
- Module 11 - Negotiating and Bargaining in the Supply Chain
- Module 12 - Further Purchasing Techniques and Practices