A Program which focuses on the organization as a whole and its interactions with its environment. It aims to show how firms can be more effective and efficient in the modern corporate world.
This Program emphasizes key concepts for strategic decision making and conducting case analysis. It focuses on understanding strategic management concepts, research and theories and developing a framework of analysis to help identify central issues and problems, to suggest alternative courses of action, and to present recommendations for future action. It covers theory and practice by developing an understanding of when and how to apply concepts and techniques for marketing, accounting, finance, management, operations, and information systems.
The Program helps develop a wide range of abilities and to master vital skills; to analyse and evaluate strategic decisions; to research, gather and interpret key environmental data; to understand the present and future environments; to develop
analytical and decision-making skills for dealing with problems in an ethical manner.
Course Outline Summary
- Module 1: Concepts of Strategic Management
- Module 2: Corporate Governance and Social Responsibility
- Module 3: Environmental Scanning and Industry Analysis
- Module 4: Internal Scanning: Organizational Analysis
- Module 5: Strategy Formulation: Situation Analysis and Business Strategy
- Module 6: Strategy Formulation: Corporate Strategy
- Module 7: Strategy Formulation: Functional Strategy and Strategic Choice
- Module 8: Strategy Implementation: Organizing for Action
- Module 9: Strategy Implementation: Staffing and Directing
- Module 10: Evaluation and Control